Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 May 2010 08:00:07 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: About SAS 64 bit: A note of caution,
              with the hope SAS Institute will fix such problems:

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Dale McLerran posted the following on this interesting thread:

> I believe that the appropriate term is "migrate" rather than > "convert". See PROC MIGRATE in Base SAS. Also, search > support.sas.com for the term migrate to learn more. > Dale; darn; you beat me to it! As I was catching up on the late-Friday/weekend 'L postings and following this thread, I kept thinking to myself: But, what about PROC MIGRATE?

I participated in a thread some weeks back where I advised a person to use SAS/Connect to download files from a 64-bit machine to a 32-bit machine (or possibly vice versa) to flip-the-bits. And, birdie sent me a private email advising me to recommend PROC MIGRATE, stating that is one of the things it was designed good for.

So, I would also advise the OP to check out the Migration pages in support.sas.com:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/

There is a lot of good information out there.

All, best of luck in all of your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com