Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:56:26 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jose <lozanoje@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Reading XML files
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On 22 mar, 14:32, Jose <lozan...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 22 mar, 14:05, Tom Abernathy <tom.aberna...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > I think you may need to map that as 13 observations rather than 13 > > variables. > > Any hint on how to map the original xml file to read those fields as > observations instead of variables? >

I think I've solved, I've mapped this way:

MAINTABLE + <IdVar> + <Variable1> + <Variable2> + ...

<code_secondary> + <code_secondary> + <IdVar>

Now I have the first table with 50 values, and the second one with 650 values, I only have to transpose the dataset and use SQL to merge it...

Thanks, JoseLozano