Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:47:26 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nathaniel Wooding <nathaniel.wooding@DOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: 'IN' in macros

From a Birdie (I.e., SAS Institute staff)

See http://support.sas.com/kb/35/591.html

Nat Wooding

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of sas biology Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 9:46 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: 'IN' in macros

Hello All,

How can I do this using Macros?

if a *in* (1 2 3) then b=a; else b=a=1;

I can think of doing it in macros this way:

%if *&a=1 or &a=2 or &a=3* %then %do; b=&a; %end; %else %do; b=%eval(&a+1); %end;

I am sure there must be a better way of doing it. Can someone spend some time on this? I specifically want to know how to avoid using 'OR' as in *&a=1 or &a=2 or &a=3* and how to do it in a simple way. ** Thanks SB CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.