Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:51:54 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         dave crimkey <d_crimkey@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Keeping description with code

I am running a summary and a transpose and two of the variables tie together, i.e., one is a code and the other is a description of the code. I want them both to be together so I've put the description in the ID statement of the proc summary:

Proc Summary data = dataone; class product classcode cssize catname codenum yearqtr; id codedesc; var amt1 amt2 amt3; output out = datatwo sum=; run;

Now I want to transpose the results dataset, datatwo so that yearqtr becomes the column variables:

Proc transpose data=datatwo out=datathree prefix = Y; by product classcode cssize catname codenum ; id yearqtr; var amt1 amt2 amt3; run;

How do I keep the codedesc (the description) with the codenum (code number) without causing duplicate rows?

Thanks, Dave