Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 1 Dec 2009 23:37:19 +0200
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   nina <sas@MAILINATOR.COM>
Subject:   proc gmap, strange rotation at random
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

I have this piece of code running on a machine several times a day, about 1 hour interval

goptions reset=global xpixels=2000 ypixels=1500 gfsname=gout device=png htext=2 gunit=pct;

filename gout "<server address here>" ; pattern value=me color=grey repeat=50;

proc gmap data=map map=map; id state; choro state / anno=dot discrete nolegend; run;

what is strange is that at times, usually late afternoons when there are lots of datapoints mapped into the map (as colored dots), the map rotates itself into an angle, so instead of a flat US Map, it is now suddenly written at a 45 degree angle, with florida on it's side as opposed to north-south orientation and california-oregon is at the top of the map (because it's mostly sideways)

most of the time, it writes a normal map that is oriented straight but at the end of the day, sometime around 21:00 or later, I get nothing but angled maps

why might this be happening ?