Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:25:24 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Burton <jrburtonsaspro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS on Mainframe

Many moons ago there was a ISPF editor made for the PC. I don't think it exists anymore. It wasn't as robust as the original on mainframe, but did carry over a lot of the good attributes of its parent.

Ray

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Nathaniel Wooding <nathaniel.wooding@dom.com> wrote: > I, too, greatly admire some features of ISPF. Unfortunately, I suspect that the designers of most of the pc editors are not aware of these features. > > Nat Wooding > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of John Burton > Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:42 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: SAS on Mainframe > > On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Masoud Pajoh <mpajoh@odot.org> wrote: >> I second Ron's comment. >> I have yet to find an editor to come to par with ISPF. >> >> Masoud > > I agree. Too bad other editors weren't modeled after ISPF. > > Unfortunately, I have found over the past few years that some > mainframe administrators have made their mainframe sites less user > friendly than they have been in the past. It might be possible that > these mainframe administrators were originally UNIX adminstrators and > were involuntarily assigned to administer the mainframe sites. 8-( > > Ray > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains > information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and > does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer > relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional > express written confirmation to that effect. The information is > intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access > by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended > recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the > contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If > you have received this electronic transmission in error, please > reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message > in error, and delete it. Thank you. >