Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:22:30 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Murphy Choy <goladin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Who of you have a job?
Comments: To: John Burton <jrburtonsaspro@gmail.com>

Hi,

It is sometimes weird that companies that have benefited so much from sas/l has barred its employees from participating in it.

------Original Message------ From: John Burton Sender: SAS(r) Discussion To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU ReplyTo: John Burton Subject: Re: Who of you have a job? Sent: Oct 27, 2009 10:12 PM

Daniel, Art, Mike, Peter, Ron, Alan, Murphy, Jack, Nat, et all,

Excellent points made by all. SAS/L has a wealth of experience from a broad variety of users from novices/newbies to probably a few who've used SAS since it's the birth itself.

Length of use, as Nat illustrated, is not the sole gauge of knowledge. Someone may have 35+ years of experience of Base SAS only on the mainframe. Another may have 5 years of experience with a dozen SAS products on muyltiple platforms. The Base SAS person, while not having a variety of SAS product esperience, may not have had the opportunity to use other SAS products due to the nature of his/her job. This does not diminish this person's value of using this tool to get the job done. Likewise, the person with a variety of SAS product experience or a variety of work environment/indutry experiences has different things to contribute.

The bottom line is that we all bring to the table our experiences both good and bad and we are willing to share and learn.

Regarding obfuscating ones identity on SAS/L, unfortunately, there are companies that view SAS/L, sascommunity, etc. the same as social forums. As such, participation on such is strictly forbidden and if discovered subject to immediate dismisal.

Just my 2 cents.

Ray

-- Regards, Murphy Choy

Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS V9 Certified Basic Programmer for SAS V9