|Date: ||Mon, 14 Sep 2009 15:33:54 -0400|
|Reply-To: ||"Lacey, Linda M" <laceyl@MUSC.EDU>|
|Sender: ||"SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>|
|From: ||"Lacey, Linda M" <laceyl@MUSC.EDU>|
|Subject: ||job opportunity|
|Content-Type: ||text/plain; charset="us-ascii"|
The South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium, located within the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, is seeking a Research Associate for their new Office of Healthcare Workforce Analysis and Planning. The person in this position will be expected to:
* perform senior level professional descriptive and inferential statistical functions in the design, analysis and presentation of complex, non-routine research and statistical studies;
* identify the appropriate statistical methodologies and models required by the research question;
* use and design econometric forecasting models;
* create graphical presentations of data;
* coordinate database transfers;
* create and maintain database documentation for primary and secondary data sources;
* work collaboratively with other office personnel and outside agencies to ensure accuracy of Office of Healthcare Workforce Analysis and Planning analytic products.
Candidates possessing the following skills and attributes are encouraged to apply.
* A bachelor's degree with a strong focus on statistical analysis. Masters degree preferred.
* Three years experience in statistical analysis.
* Ability to use SAS software for analysis and data management purposes.
* Knowledge of all elements of the Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 Suite.
* Ability to participate in all aspects of complex research studies, including sampling, data collection and preparation, analysis and presentation of information.
This is an exciting opportunity to become involved in helping South Carolina plan for and develop the healthcare workforce needed to ensure quality healthcare to all citizens of the state.
A complete job description and application can be found at: www.jobs.musc.edu This position is classified as a Statistician III. Search for requisition number 045630. The pay range for this position is $36,840 - $68,160.
Linda M. Lacey
Director, Office of Healthcare Workforce Analysis and Planning
South Carolina AHEC
19 Hagood Ave., Suite 802
Charleston, SC 29425
Phone: (843) 792-1655
Fax: (843) 792-4430