Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Sep 2009 23:13:30 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Pakcha Sharma <pakcha@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Zero inflated gamma distribution

Hi all,

I am trying to model a non-negative continuous variable, which is highly right skewed and has a lot of zero values (more than 30%), and analyse its association with other independent variables. I have tried PROC GENMOD with gamma distribution but the analyse drops all zero values from the analysis. I read it somewhere that I can fit a zero inflated gamma distribution.

I have been trying to find a reference for that and a SAS procedure that can do it but have been unable to find. Could some one please email me the SAS procedure and a reference or point me to the right direction.

Thanks.