Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (June 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:56:35 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <gerhard.hellriegel@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: DVD as output of datastep or proc append

...what also might be a problem: after a APPEND the dataset header has to be updated (NOBS, FORMATS, ....). Don't know if that is working with a RW- DVD. With a rewritable that should work. I also think that the driver does not accept a "normal" RW DVD. It should be rewritable. Its very far away, cause I stopped my trials with rewritable CD's many years ago, cause the quality, performance and data security was too bad. Also all the different drivers were not compatible and changing a drive, also with the same driver didn't work. Perhaps that is better today, but I don't try any more. Gerhard