Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:10:43 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         sasbegy <pattukuttani@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Code help to select records based on condition
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi,

Data set standard

Market Products Food&Drug Toothpaste Food&Drug shampoo food& drug talcum powders grocery frozen foods grocery vegetables electronics vcd electronics tv

data set current month

Market products food&drug toothpaste food&drug medicines food&drug shampoo food & drug talcum powder grocery pizzas grocery frozen foods electronics tv

data set needed for current month Market products food&drug toothpaste food&drug shampo food & drug talcum powder grocery frozen foods electronics tv

I need a code to choose only the markets and products that I have in the standard data set and create a new data set with those values.

Basically I have a data set where the company has its products in. Each month the market researcher sends the results from general database. I need to choose only for the markets and the products that my company is in and move that to a seperate data set.

I need a sas code to do this. Is there a way to do this?