Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:53:01 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard <richard.hockey@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Reading PDF Files into SAS
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Apr 2, 3:56 am, procconte...@GMAIL.COM (SAS_learner) wrote: > hello Mona, > > What are you trying to Grab from the PDF, Is it reading variables from CRF > or some other document ?? In the Past(3 Years ago ) I has very similar > Problem with no third part tools I had to work around it. The Place where I > worked had complete PDF installed on my computer. > > So accidentally what I found is when you use either Snap or Edit tool > select the area in PDF and double click on it would copy it self to Excel > file and use it from there. > > At this time I have converted the PDF to .Txt file ( To do that PDF needs > the security thing turned off while creating them other wise you can't save > the PDF to any other Format File that what somebody told me). Even after > converting the file to .Txt I was cross checking .Txt File back to .Pdf and > found a very weired things. Found out that some text was missing at random > in .Txt file .. So end up in going page by page check and had to Update that > .Txt file. > > Or you can try one more thing You can open the PDF and try to Print it to > File as some microsoft readable file format and from there you can save it > as .Txt File ( but this might screw up the structure of the document ) > > Well this Just .00005 cents. > > Good luck with your task in Hand. > > thanks > SL > > On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Mona <k_monal...@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Thanks Matt and Nat. But when I try to save the PDF to text , nothing gets > > saved , the text file is totally empty. May be I am doing something wrong. > > Not Sure. > > > Thanks again for the ideas.

There are a number of free and commercial products that can be used to convert pdf files to excel which may do the trick! R