Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (February 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Feb 2009 00:10:02 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Hendrickx <John2.Hendrickx@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Adjacent Category Models
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello Zai,

One way of doing this is as a "multinomial conditional logit" (MCL) model. The idea is to use program for a conditional logit model to estimate an multinomial logit model. This will produce the same results but allows you to impose constraint on the parametrization of the dependent variable.

More information is available at http://home.wanadoo.nl/john.hendrickx/statres/mcl/ The LR.SAS program at http://home.wanadoo.nl/john.hendrickx/statres/mcl/sas/ shows how to estimate a multinomial logistic model using PROC PHREG. For a dependent variable with 3 categories, you'd have to make the following modification:

array y{3}; do i=1 to 3; if newy <= i then y[i]=1-i/3; else y[i]=-i/3; end;

(And create interactions of y: with your independent variables).

Good luck,

John Hendrickx

Statistician Clinquest Europe BV, Oss - The Netherlands www.clinquest.com

On 3 feb, 17:50, Zai Saki <zais...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I am trying to build a model with an ordinal dv (scale 1 to 4). We are > looking for something like the adjacent category model that is > available in proc catmod. However our independent variables are > ratings on a scale of 1 to 10 and we have upto 25 of these. So proc > catmod is ruled out. > > One key goal is to have unique parameter estimates for each transition > unlike a proportional odds model. > > I believe we can do it in proc genmod by specifying a customized link > using "fwdlink", "invlink", "deviance", and "variance" statements as > such a link is not available inherently in proc genmod. > > Any suggestions on how to fit such a model using proc genmod or any > other sas procedure would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > Zai