Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2009)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:33:48 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Eugenia R. Thompson" <eroberthom@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      American Kestrel, Belted Kingfisher, Greene Co.  2/21/09

On Sat. afternoon, we were happy to see an AMERICAN KESTREL sitting on a power line alongside Highway 15, just before Ward Rd.

When we reached our destination, a house on Lake Oconee, I heard a lot of kingfisher noise and immediately spotted a pair of BELTED KINGFISHERS down in the cove. We walked down to the cove and the kingfishers left, but I was able to spot a hole w/ recently excavated dirt in the bank across the cove. It's a very small, quiet cove so I hope they will have enough peace and quiet to raise a family there.

Eugenia Thompson

Athens GA (Clarke Co.) (sightings in Greene Co.)