Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2009)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:09:09 +0000
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Karis Jacobstein <kjacobstein@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Suwanee Creek Greenway-McGinnis Ferry to Martin Farm Park 01/09/09

This morning I birded Suwanee Creek Greenway from the McGinnis Ferry trailhead to Martin Farm Park and back (3 miles, total). It was cold, but a really great morning (added 2 birds to my Life List). The birds must have been as happy to see sun as I was. The best part was right at the beginning of the trail and right before I got to end. I was at the start for about 25 minutes there was so much activity. There was so much action right before I got to Martin Farm Park that I had to stop counting because my hands were getting too cold.

Location: Suwanee Creek Greenway- McGinnis Ferry to Martin Farm Pk Observation date: 1/9/09 Number of species: 26

Canada Goose 3 Turkey Vulture 1 Northern Harrier 1 (possibly 2, but could have been 1 individual 2x) Downy Woodpecker 4 Hairy Woodpecker 1 Northern Flicker 2 Blue Jay 1 American Crow 1 Carolina Chickadee 6 Tufted Titmouse 10 White-breasted Nuthatch 1 Brown-headed Nuthatch 2 Brown Creeper 1 Carolina Wren 2 Golden-crowned Kinglet 6 Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2 Eastern Bluebird 14 Hermit Thrush 2 American Robin 5 Northern Mockingbird 1 Yellow-rumped Warbler 15 Eastern Towhee 1 Song Sparrow 2 Swamp Sparrow 1 White-throated Sparrow 5 Northern Cardinal 4

Karis Jacobstein Suwanee, Gwinnett Sent on the Now Network™ from my Sprint® BlackBerry