Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Dec 2008 08:54:16 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Zdeb <msz03@ALBANY.EDU>
Subject:      Re: is there an upper limit to items in proc format (using for
              matching data)

hi ... when a format is used, it is moved from a catalog to memory

so, format size limited by available memory (as far as I can remember)

exactly how you can determine the amount of memory available for a format is left up to someone else on the list

ps remember, the bigger the format, the longer the search ... take a look at ...

http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0308A&L=sas-l&D=0&H=0&O=T&T=1&m=106219&P=30976

-- Mike Zdeb U@Albany School of Public Health One University Place Rensselaer, New York 12144-3456 P/518-402-6479 F/630-604-1475