Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:45:04 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stef <stefanie.vincent@ENGLISH-HERITAGE.ORG.UK>
Subject:      How to exclude a variable when generating a frequency table

Hi all,

I'm a very new SPSS user so sorry if this question is obvious. I have a field in my data for sex which has three possible answers: male, female and juvenile. I am trying to generate a table which will compare only the male/female frequencies from this field but I have no idea how to go about it. I am able to generate a graph which I can exclude juveniles from (by deleting the bar) but cannot create a table which will calculate the frequencies excluding the juveniles. Is it possible to create a table this way or will I need to re-organise my data?

thankyou

Stef