Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2008)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:21:57 -0000
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Laughton, Mark" <Mark.Laughton@UK.EXPERIAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Migrating from CICSPlex SM 2.2 to 3.2

Hmmm, interesting. Building a totally new 3.2 CPSM environment with a WUI is easy. Migrating to 3.2 when you already have a CPSM environment with a WUI is seemingly also fairly straight forward & well documented. Migrating from an existing 'CAS only' CPSM configuration isnt perhaps as clear as it might be and i guess there might be a few folk doing this... I haven't had to do this myself but I guess I'd either: 1. create my WUI CICSSYS def using the CAS before migration (perhaps too late for you now?) or 2. use the EYU9XBDT batch utility to create the CICSSYS definition for the WUI MAS in your 3.2 repository using the DEFINE REGION command, ensuring you first set the CONTEXT to CICPLXD1. I believe all the EYU9XDUT utility is doing (other than initialising your repository!) when you specify WUI=YES is define a CICSPLEX and a CICSSYS definition (within that CICSPLEX) for you. In your case I think you're wanting to define your WUI MAS in an existing CICSplex (CICPLXD1), so you dont need to create the CICSPLEX definition - just the CICSSYS definition for QSDWUI01. You need to have your MP CMAS up (migrated to 3.2) to use EYU9XBDT as it uses the CPSM API to update the repository rather than manipulating the dataset directly. hth Mark -----Original Message----- From: CICS List [mailto:CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Vikesh Bhoola Sent: 22 December 2008 13:41 To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Migrating from CICSPlex SM 2.2 to 3.2

Good day,

I am in the process of upgrading our CICSPLEX environment from CICSPlex SM 2.2 to 3.2

As the CAS is no longer available in CICSPlex SM 3.2, we are required to implement the Web User Interface as an alternative.

Our current CICSPlex definitions are defined in EYUDREP (CMAS).

Currently the WUI does not want to connect to the CMAS due to the following error :

EYUXL0030I A53WUI01 ESSS connection in progress to CICSPLEX(CICPLXD1) for SYSID(CMS1).

EYUXL0004I A53WUI01 ESSS connection complete.

EYUCL0112E A53WUI01 Protocol Services initialization unable to perform ICT Attach.

EYUCL0124E A53WUI01 A failure occurred while attempting to connect to CMAS QSDCMAS1.

EYUCL0101E A53WUI01 Protocol Services initialization failed.

EYUCI0101E A53WUI01 Communications initialization failed.

EYUXM0004I A53WUI01 Message Services termination complete

EYUXL0023I A53WUI01 Trace Services termination requested

EYUXZ0001I A53WUI01 Trace Services termination complete

EYUXL0012I A53WUI01 ESSS disconnect complete

EYUXL0112E A53WUI01 LMAS initialization failed

The CMAS JESMSGLG gives the following error :

EYUXL0010I A53CMAS1 CMAS initialization complete.

EYUCL0107E A53CMAS1 ESSS ICT attach to QSDWUI01 failed, MAS name is invalid.

If I initialise a new EYUDREP, with the "WUI" specified the WUI connects successfully to the CMAS, so I suspect the WUI definitions are missing from our existing EYUDREP.

I would like some advice on defining the "WUI" (like WUI=YES;WUIPLEX=CICPLXD1;WUINAME=QSDWUI01;WUIAPPLID=A53WUI01;WUISYSID=WUI1) to our CMAS without wiping out / initialising our current CICSPlex definitions in EYUDREP.

By the way, I have run the upgrade of an existing data repository, but this did not add any WUI definitions :

//*-----------------------------------------------------------

//*

//* Upgrade an existing Data Repository data set

//*

//*-----------------------------------------------------------

//DREPCNVT EXEC PGM=EYU9XDUT,

// COND=(8,LT),

// PARM=('TARGETVER=0320')

Your assistance would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Vikesh Bhoola

Please Note: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice which can be viewed at http://www.sars.gov.za/Email_Disclaimer.pdf

This e-mail has come from Experian, the only business to have been twice named the UK's 'Business of the Year’

=================================================================================== Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free. Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG80 1TH Place of registration: England and Wales Registered number: 653331

[text/html]