Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:25:18 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jim Groeneveld <jim.1stat@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: macro problem -- quoting with %if comparisons
Comments: To: Allen Ziegenfus <aziegenfus@ANAXIMA.COM>

Hi Allen,

Then you should use macro quoting, not ordinary quotes as these become part of the value (they do not enclose a value as with SAS code). But you could use explicit quotes in comparisons like: %IF ("&Keyword" EQ "OR") %THEN ...... where the form without explicit quotes %IF (&Keyword EQ OR) %THEN ...... would compare &Keyword with a NULL string and OR this with a nothing condition, resulting in an error. I would recommend to write: %LET Keyword = %STR(OR); %IF (&Keyword EQ %STR(OR)) %THEN ...... or %IF (%QUOTE(&Keyword) EQ %STR(OR)) %THEN ......

Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld