Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:41:31 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "./ ADD NAME=Data _null_," <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Proc summary and _numeric_
Comments:   To: tiramisu <kungmarten@gmail.com>

Use PROC MEANS. Same program different defaults.

proc means nway noprint data=sashelp.class; class age; output out=test2 sum=; run; proc print; run;

On 11/20/08, tiramisu <kungmarten@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi! > > I have a problem. I need to do a summary of all numeric variables in a > datset, and the number of variables may differ. The problem is that > the class variable is numeric as well, so I get a warning: > > WARNING: Variable SUBSCRIBER_ID already exists on file WORK.TEST. > WARNING: The duplicate variables will not be included in the output > data set of the output statement number 1. > NOTE: There were 94 observations read from the data set WORK.SERV1. > NOTE: The data set WORK.TEST has 93 observations and 7 variables. > NOTE: PROCEDURE SUMMARY used: > real time 0.28 seconds > cpu time 0.01 seconds > > This is the code: > > proc summary data = serv nway missing; > class subscriber_id; > var _numeric_; > output out = test sum =; > run; > > > Any ideas on how I exclude the subscriber_id variable? > > Best Regards, > > Mårten Lindblad >