Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:48:27 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "./ ADD NAME=Data _null_," <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Storing Notes from INFILE Step
Comments:   To: Brian <theemails@gmail.com>

I think these infile options my be helpful. I don't use z/OS so I can't test these to see if they are what you need. If this doesn't work you can PRINTTO the log and read the note but that may not be necessary.

Host Options for Retrieving Information about Data Sets

The following options are used in the FILE, FILENAME, and INFILE statements to retrieve information about a data set from the operating environment control blocks. SAS assigns values to the variables that are defined by these options when it opens the data set. It updates the values every time it opens a new data set in a concatenation. You can use these options with all standard external files under z/OS.

DEVTYPE=variable defines a character variable (minimum length 24) that SAS sets to the device type. SAS obtains the device type by using the z/OS operating environment DEVTYPE macro. For more information, see the IBM documentation for your operating environment.

DSCB=variable defines a character variable (minimum length 96) that SAS sets to the Data Set Control Block (DSCB) information from a non-VSAM data set. For more information, see the IBM documentation for your operating environment.

JFCB=variable defines a character variable (minimum length 176) that SAS sets to the Job File Control Block (JFCB). For more information, see the IBM documentation for your operating environment.

UCBNAME=variable defines a character variable (minimum length 3) that SAS sets to the unit name (device address), which is derived from information in the unit control block (UCB).

VOLUME=variable | VOLUMES=variable defines a character variable (with a minimum length of 6 characters) that SAS sets to the tape VOLSER or the disk volume serial number. In the case of a multivolume file, the VOLUME= variable contains the concatenated volume serial numbers up to the length of the variable or the first 30 volumes, whichever is less. The value in the VOLUME= variable contains the volume serial number of the first data set in the concatenation when the file is opened. This serial number changes if you open a subsequent data set in the concatenation.

On 11/19/08, Brian <theemails@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to call upon / capture the elements within the "Note" > from an infile step and turn them into variables? > > For example if I have the following note that appears in my SASLOG > after an infile step: > > NOTE: The infile BEFORE is: > Dsname=TA6BME.RETAIL.ITEM.BEFPRICE.BATCH24, > Unit=3390,Volume=SRMT05,Disp=SHR,Blksize=27950, > Lrecl=65,Recfm=FB,Creation=2008/11/17 > > Is there a way turn Dsname or Lrecl or Creation into a variable? We > are writing code to view daily GDGs and would like to add Dsname, > Lrecl and Creation into the Title for each page in the SASLIST. > > Thanks in advance. >