Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:38:23 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ya Huang <ya.huang@AMYLIN.COM>
Subject:   Re: Annotate facility,Question...how to place a line in the middle of 2 data points on Gchart and Gplot and ...
Comments:   To: rdb1956@HOTMAIL.COM

For Q1, you can change x to a numeric var then use format to show the character, this way, the vertical line can be done easily with vref=...

For Q2, I don't know if there is any workaround, therefore, has to go annotation route..

data test; set test; if groupstr = 'a' then ngrp=1; else if groupstr = 'b' then ngrp=2; else if groupstr = 'c' then ngrp=3; else if groupstr = 'd' then ngrp=4; else if groupstr = 'e' then ngrp=5; else if groupstr = 'f' then ngrp=6; run;

proc format; value grp 1='a' 2='b' 3='c' 4='d' 5='e' 6='f'; run;

goptions reset=all;

axis1 order=(0 to 7 by 1); axis2 minor=none; proc gplot data=test; plot errcnt*ngrp / vaxis=axis1 haxis=axis2 href=1.5 2.5 3.5 4.5 5.5; format ngrp grp.; symbol1 line=1 value=dot interpol=join; run; quit;

data anno; set test; length function $8; retain xsys '2' ysys '1' when 'A'; function='move'; y=0; xc=groupstr; midpoint=groupstr; output; function='draw'; y=100; xc=groupstr; midpoint=groupstr; output; keep function xsys ysys y xc midpoint when; run;

proc gchart data=test; vbar groupstr / type=sum sumvar=errcnt discrete noframe annotate=anno; run; quit;