Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 2008, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Sep 2008 06:38:17 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Akshaya <akshaya.nathilvar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Which is more efficient: Inner join or a non-correlated subquery
              or Hash Object or Data step Merge?
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello all,

I have a SAS dataset (Master) with billions of records. I have another cohort (Subset) dataset with thousands of records. I have to select the records from Master dataset based on ID’s from Subset dataset. Master dataset have multiple columns, Subset dataset has only one Column (ID). I’m wondering, what would be the “efficient” way (less CPU time probably) to do this? Both datasets are sorted by ID variable.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks! Akshaya