Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Aug 2008 10:42:11 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: proc import question
Comments: To: "Mark S." <marksmolkin@GMAIL.COM>

Mark,

I agree with Ron that the problem may well be that the column of concern has a blank in one of the records.

I usually get around such problems by using the excel libname engine, rather than proc import, and control what is read by preparing a template of the data types I want.

For example:

libname xlsIN 'c:\exceldata.xls';

data template; format a 2.; format b 2.; format c 2.; input a b c; cards; 1 1 1 ;

data want; set template xlsIN.'sheet1$'n; if _n_ gt 1 then output; run ;