Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:49:11 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Parameterized Includes was: Macro Hubris

subject: RE: Monday/Macro Humor or Hubris, ... whichever

Much to my surprise, commentary did not focus on the whizardry that could be accomplished by macro statements, such as %if or %do for loops

Many of the comments I read on- and off-list referred to the macro autocall facility which provides an automatic search for files containing macros in folders that sas provides and which can be modified to include folders containing site or project macros.

I have added some information to my sas wiki page about how to allocate a fileref for multiple folders for this task.

http://tinyurl.com/5apsw2

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Parameterized_include_file

pretty simple:

3 filename Includes ('.' 4 'c:\SAS-site\includes' ); 5 options source2; 6 %Include Includes(FileA FileB); NOTE: %INCLUDE (level 1) file INCLUDES(FileA) is file c:\SAS-site\includes\filea.sas. 7 +%Put Note2: C:\SAS-site\includes\FileA.sas; Note2: C:\SAS-site\includes\FileA.sas

NOTE: %INCLUDE (level 1) ending. NOTE: %INCLUDE (level 1) file INCLUDES(FileB) is file C:\Temp\sas\fileb.sas. 8 +%Put Note2: C:\Temp\sas\FileB.sas; Note2: C:\Temp\sas\FileB.sas

While sas provides the special word 'sasautos' to refer to the aggregate collection of folders when using parameterized includes the main problem I see in standardizing their usage is agreement on the fileref, in above example 'Includes';

As always, I am open to suggestions for this fileref name.

Ron Fehd the parameterized include xor macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

see also: A SASautos Companion: Reusing Macros

http://tinyurl.com/45nzzk for:

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/267-30.pdf