Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2008)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 8 Aug 2008 21:25:12 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Mark McShane <eagleeyed@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:   Cherokee County Swallow-tailed Kite 8/8/08

Hi All,

My sister Stephanie Johnson and I arrived at about noon today and were able to observe The Kite constantly until about 1:15 or so! Between all of today's reports the bird was seen off and on from 10:15am until at least 3:15pm, Wow!

If you want to see some great Georgia Swallow-tailed Kite (STKI) photos you should check out Bob Zaremba's Georgia Year List-2007 page on Bob & Deb Zaremba's Georgia Birding site at:

http://www.georgia-birding.com/GA2007-yearlist.htm

Look under the June 9th section for definitive proof that Swallow-taileds take bats!

Reading Bob's account of his record-setting Georgia Big Year in 2007 is a great and thrilling education on birding Georgia!

Also the Zaremba's Georgia Birding main page is located at: http://www.georgia-birding.com/

This site is a wealth of Georgia birding information and should be better known!

Also very interesting is information concerning the Georgia DNR's Swallow- tailed Kite Monitoring Project located at: http://www.gos.org/sightings/stki-initiative.html

With possibly only 100-150 breeding pairs of STKI in Georgia it's a wonder we see them at all!

Good Birding All!

Mark

Mark McShane Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, Georgia eagleeyed AT bellsouth.net http://www.gos.org