Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 2008, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:55:29 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         nikhil <u44757@UWE.UGA.EDU>
Subject:      detecting variants of a company's name
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

I have a dataset containing the names of some companies. eg ,

Name x

IBM 1

IBM corp 1 international business machines 1 Microsoft 2 Mocrosft corp 2 Micro soft 2 yahoo 3 yahoo! 3 YAHOO 3

I have to use SAS and prepare a list of unique company names. The solution has to have a way to detect variations in the names, including spelling mistakes. I need to finally have a list of unique names.

The output expected is something like,

Name x

IBM 3 Microsoft 6 Yahoo 9

Please, tell me how could I do it using SAS.

Waiting for a kind answer.

Thanks and regards