Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 27 May 2008 17:03:47 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM
Subject:   Re: SQL meaning for "No rows were selected" message
Comments:   To: rschechter@OCTAGONRESEARCH.COM

Robert,

The problem seems to be with your macro variable LIB.

SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable LIB resolves to H:\CLIENT\client\CDO\project \02 DEVELOPMENT\ISE\PROGRAMMING\DATA\RAW

which doesn't look like a libname to me.

Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com

"Robert Schechter" <rschechter@OCTAGONRESEARCH.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 05/27/2008 04:57 PM Please respond to rschechter@OCTAGONRESEARCH.COM

To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject SQL meaning for "No rows were selected" message

Any idea why I'm being told "No rows were selected"

33 proc sql; 34 select upcase(memname) into : hitlist separated by " " 35 from dictionary.tables 36 where libname in ("&lib") ; SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable LIB resolves to H:\CLIENT\client\CDO\project \02 DEVELOPMENT\ISE\PROGRAMMING\DATA\RAW NOTE: No rows were selected. 37 quit; NOTE: PROCEDURE SQL used (Total process time): real time 0.22 seconds cpu time 0.01 seconds