Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:02:49 -0400
Reply-To: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>"
Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>"
Subject: Re: File association
On Thu, 22 May 2008 06:04:45 -0700, alves <alves.paulo@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>I have a weird problem with my sas 9.1 Windows. Something is wrong
>with my file association and everytime I click in a sas file (with
>code) instead of opening it in sas editor it runs in batch mode. If I
>right click, I have there the option OPEN (in bold) and BATCH submit.
>Anyone knows How I can associate the file agin with editing rather
>Thanks in advance.
It seems the association is OK, but the default action isn't. Try this.
1. From Control Panel, open the Folder Options applet
2. Select the File Types tab
3. On my system, the first extension in the list is SAS, out of order
alphabetically and associated with "SAS AutoSave". I don't understand that.
Anyway, ignore it and scroll down to where "SAS" appears in its proper
alphabetical order and select it.
4. Click the Advanced button to open the Edit File Type dialog.
5. Select the "Open with ..." action.
6. Click the Set Default button
7. Click the OK button