Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 7 May 2008 07:07:35 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Ed Maioriello <edm@MAIORIELLO.COM>
Subject:   Late Report from ORAS Saturday bird walk at Sandy Creek Nature Center - Athens-Clark County

All,

Apologies for not getting this out sooner. <Insert standard excuses here.> We had a nice morning out at the Sandy Creek Nature Center last Saturday. 13 souls braved the threat of yet another rainy Saturday to come out for the Cooks Trail Cleanup walk. Happily, the rain held off for most of the morning and we didn't get showers until around noon. Sadly, those few showers were about all we got!

The theme for Saturday's walk apparently was Prothonotary Warblers - we had 11 of them some from closer than 10 feet while singing. Most were in pairs. Other highlights included good looks at Black-throated Blue Warblers as well as singing Yellow-breasted Chats and a Swainson's Warbler.

We counted 61 species, and here's our highlights from the day.

Great Egret 1 Cooper's Hawk 1 Chimney Swift 1 Ruby-throated Hummingbird 3 Belted Kingfisher 1 Red-bellied Woodpecker 3 Downy Woodpecker 3 Hairy Woodpecker 4 Northern Flicker 1 Pileated Woodpecker 4 Eastern Wood-Pewee 1 Acadian Flycatcher 3 Eastern Phoebe 1 Great Crested Flycatcher 5 Eastern Kingbird 2 White-eyed Vireo 5 Yellow-throated Vireo 2 Red-eyed Vireo 9 House Wren 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 20 Veery 1 Swainson's Thrush 1 Wood Thrush 3 Gray Catbird 3 Cedar Waxwing 2 Northern Parula 4 Black-throated Blue Warbler 4 Yellow-rumped Warbler 2 Pine Warbler 2 Blackpoll Warbler 3 Black-and-white Warbler 1 American Redstart 6 Prothonotary Warbler 11 Swainson's Warbler 1 Louisiana Waterthrush 1 Kentucky Warbler 5 Common Yellowthroat 4 Hooded Warbler 3 Yellow-breasted Chat 2 Summer Tanager 2 Scarlet Tanager 2 White-throated Sparrow 1 Indigo Bunting 16 Red-winged Blackbird 9 Brown-headed Cowbird 9 American Goldfinch 2

This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org<http://www.quicktopic.com/cgi-bin/link.cgi?link=http%3A%2F%2Febird.org&x=242031651.2> )

Ed Maioriello Athens, GA