Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2008)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 11 May 2008 11:42:54 -0400
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Mark McShane <eagleeyed@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:   Wilson's Phalarope - Bartow County Loop 5/11/08

Hi All,

Bill Wiggins and I birded Brandon Farm Road and Taff Road only this morning hoping mainly to relocate the Wilson's Phalarope seen yesterday. We couldn't relocate the phalarope this morning visiting the Brandon Farm Road pond and the Taff Road ponds several times. We did get a lot of good birds though, highlights included:

Brandon Farm Road (coming from Hwy 113, fields just after the first house on the right, just over the top of the first hill on the right):

Indigo Bunting Dickcissel (maybe as many as 3 pair!) Bobolink (30+) Eastern Meadowlark Had seen Orchard Oriole here last time as well.

Brandon Farm Road (at the first pond on the left)

Wood Duck Mallard Greater Yellowlegs Lesser Yellowlegs Solitary Sandpiper Spotted Sandpiper Least Sandpiper Loggerhead Shrike Grasshopper Sparrow

Taff Road pond and area:

American Kestrel Semipalmated Plover Killdeer Greater Yellowlegs Lesser Yellowlegs Spotted Sandpiper Semipalmated Sandpiper Least Sandpiper Pectoral Sandpiper Dunlin Short-billed Dowitcher Blue Grosbeak (male and female)

Good Birding All!

Mark

Mark McShane Lawrenceville, Gwinnett County, Georgia eagleeyed AT bellsouth.net