|Date: ||Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:14:21 -0700|
|Reply-To: ||Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM>|
|Sender: ||"SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>|
|From: ||Alan Churchill <savian001@GMAIL.COM>|
|Subject: ||Re: SAS Language Service|
|Content-Type: ||text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"|
The symptoms are 0 rows returned on any step. The log looks normal, SAS
confirms it processed, but 0 rows on everything. Even doing a simple SELECT
on DICTIONARY.COLUMNS returns 0 rows.
I would put in the code so that you don't accidentally hit it and think
everything processed fine because it looks like SAS did it properly. Nothing
in the log indicates otherwise.
I have updated my Data Management utilities so they reflect the bug fix and
posted the new build to my site
From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: SAS Language Service
Thanks for the information...
I have not experienced this yet..
But will keep it in mind..
AB3BO - Doin Morgan
On Feb 7, 10:13 am, savian...@GMAIL.COM (Alan Churchill) wrote:
> For any of you that use the Language Service within Base SAS or
> Technologies, I suggest you look at my blog posting and Audi's follow-up
> comment. I wasn't aware of this issue until I wasted and entire
> on it. This would normally be people using VBA, .NET, Java, or other means
> to work with the SAS COM interface. It sounds like Audi encountered the
> thing with similar symptoms.
> I put it on the web so others can Google it and, hopefully, not have to go
> through this hassle.
> Note: I will update my Data Management utilities to reflect this change.
> Alan Churchill