Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Dec 2007 09:01:06 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         kienzan <kienzan@freemail.hu>
Subject:      spss time series output interpretation/evaluation

Dear List,

I'm looking for someone who could (and have enough free time) help me to "understand" the output of SPSS. (I'm a SW engineer, so I know nothing about statistics)

More information: I've got a very big database (made from computer network log) with different status codes and time (in seconds). It's important to know that, there may be more than 1 status code in a given second, because computer networks are fast, so I've aggregated the different status codes into different files... I would like to know everything about status codes... I would like to predict their values in the future... It's very important to know the characteristics of this network for my developments.

I made the following things with this files: Time Series / Sequence Time Series / Create Models (with expert modeles)

You may find the SPSS Output file in PDF format for this operations: http://www.sze.hu/~sztl/spss/

Short version: I would like to know what can I know about my network by analyze/interpret/evaluate the SPSS output.

I can see some seasonality in the data but maybe I'm wrong...

Main questions: * which output(s) are "interesting" (for statistics)? * what can we know about this output? * what else should i analyze in my data files?

Maybe I have to make some more analyze, please let me know this and I will do it.

I hope someone can and will help me and I didn't disturb you.

Thank you Sincerely, Alex T.