Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2007, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Oct 2007 13:27:51 -0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ben Powell <Ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: SAS Daylight Saving
Comments: To: Jim Groeneveld <jim4stat@YAHOO.CO.UK>

It's a windows box and was locked over the weekend so I could remote connect over vpn from home. I have checked the option to automatically adjust for daylight saving in time zone data and time properties.

Cheers

Ben.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Groeneveld [mailto:jim4stat@YAHOO.CO.UK] Sent: 30 October 2007 12:07 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Ben Powell Subject: Re: SAS Daylight Saving

Hi Ben,

SAS apparently keeps track of the system time while running and recognizes large changes backwards and possibly forwards. Is your system a Windows one? I never have my system on during daylight savings time changes (except once) and Windows always asks for confirmation to change the time while restarting the system. So at that moment I never have SAS running. But one system at work is continuously running (making VPN, remote network connections and remote desktop possible at all times). It silently changed time last weekend, I did not have to do anything. But SAS wasn't running at that time.

Regards - Jim. -- Jim Groeneveld, Netherlands Statistician, SAS consultant home.hccnet.nl/jim.groeneveld

My computer is not running during DST changes, neither am I. My computer multi-boots OS's, each of them adapting the DST twice a year.

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:59:19 -0400, ben.powell@CLA.CO.UK wrote:

>Having left a few SAS windows open for a few days I find this note in >the log when I revisit one of them: > >NOTE: The LocalTime has been updated. >NOTE: This is likely due to a Daylight Savings Time or Timezone change. > >Never noticed this before - v. impressive! > >Rgds.

**************************************************************************** THE COPYRIGHT LICENSING AGENCY LIMITED Registered Office: SAFFRON HOUSE 6-10 KIRBY STREET LONDON EC1N 8TS Company No. 1690026 (registered in England)

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. They may not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any way by anyone other than the intended recipient.

Whilst any information and/or any opinion given is believed to be correct, it is not intended to constitute legal advice; you should seek specific legal advice as appropriate.

Please note that CLA does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments. ****************************************************************************