Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:26:39 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "data _null_;" <datanull@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: ODS HTML to XL using proc report.
Comments:   To: Perry <jasper6294@gmail.com>

That is precisely what I need. The example below, while very crude, illustrates what I am trying to achieve.

A quick seach on TAGSETS.EXCELXP found this interesting paper: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/115-31.pdf

Thank you so much.

title1; ods listing close; ods noresults; ods tagsets.ExcelXP file='class.xls' options(SHEET_INTERVAL='Bygroup'); proc sort data=sashelp.class out=work.class; by age; run; proc report nowd data=work.class; by age; column ('Other spanning' age name ('vital statistics' Height weight)); define age / group noprint; define name / order; define height / display; define weight / display; break before age / page; compute before _page_; line 'Some spanning text'; line 'AGE=' age 5.; endcomp; run; quit; ods _all_ close; ods listing;

On 9/6/07, Perry <jasper6294@gmail.com> wrote: > Rather than use ods html to create a .xls file, check out ods > tagsets.ExcelXP and the SHEET_INTERVAL='Bygroup' option. If you modify > your proc report to use age as a by variable rather than a group > variable, you might get the results you're hoping for. > > I'm interested to hear how it goes. > > > On Sep 6, 1:51 pm, datan...@GMAIL.COM ("data _null_;") wrote: > > I want to create an "XL" spread sheet that has some fancy header info. > > Using PROC REPORT as below I can achieve the desired output. This > > example uses technique I learn here on SAS-L. Using HTML and giving > > filetype XLS to the output file. > > > > But, I would also like to have each level of AGE begin a different > > SHEET. So I have a TAB for every level of AGE. > > > > I could get a similar result with XL libname engine or PROC EXPORT but > > I want the fancy columns headers that PROC REPORT produces. > > > > Can it be done? > > > > title; > > ods listing close; > > ods noresults; > > ods html file="class.xls"; > > proc report nowd data=sashelp.class; > > column ('Other spanning' age name ('vital statistics' Height weight)); > > define age / group noprint; > > define name / order; > > define height / display; > > define weight / display; > > break before age / page; > > compute before _page_; > > line 'Some spanning text'; > > line 'AGE=' age 5.; > > endcomp; > > run; > > quit; > > ods html close; >