Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Aug 2007 16:31:01 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sigurd Hermansen <HERMANS1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: How can I transfer files between two platforms?

Danger, Danger: For many ordinary purposes, simply copying a SAS dataset as a file or ftp'ing it (BINARY mode only!) from MS Windows to a Unix or Linux server will work well enough. SAS Cross-Environment Data Access (CEDA) engines convert a SAS dataset from MS Windows format to Unix/Linux format or the other way around. You may find it useful for performance reasons to specify outrep=LINUX_32 as an option on a SET statement when reading an MS Windows SAS dataset.

For transfers from MS Windows 32-bit to Unix/Linux 64 bit, I'd spend more time reviewing technical documents. Bruce Gilsen's excellent paper will help you understand the conceptual framework of CEDA.

-----Original Message----- From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Danger Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:08 PM To: sas-l@uga.edu Subject: How can I transfer files between two platforms?

We have window sas now and I have been asked to take sas files to a UNIX server. I have no clue where to start. What is Proc CPORT and how do I ftp files between systems? Please help