Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:41:40 +1000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Johnson <d@DKVJ.BIZ>
Subject:      Re: Archiving SAS-L-posted codes

An excellent suggestion Howard, far more conservative than the options.

Then my carry on site CD toolkit can be a number of documents containing hyperlinks to the articles I have found to be of value for my work.

Kind regards

David

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> Sent: Friday, 27 July 2007 1:10 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Archiving SAS-L-posted codes

It seems to me that hundreds of us archiving the same pieces of code is a tremendous duplication of effort. Why not have *one* archive for all to use and share.

Actually, we've long had such a facility, since LISTSERV is set up to archive the SAS_L message traffic. But I think we all know that it can be hard to find things when you need them.

But now we have sasCommunity.org, where information can be placed and later refined, corrected, expanded, and integrated. That can be the platform for a shared archive with value added.