Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:20:50 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Audimar P. Bangi" <audi@SAS2THEMAX.COM>
Subject:      Re: data conversion

Hi Xiao,

You can use my Notebook (http://sas2themax.com/beta) to do type conversions in you data file.

Open your data file (click on the "Data Editor" tab and then the "Open Data File" button) Or you can open a new datasheet and copy-paste your data values onto the new datasheet Right-click on the column you want to convert to numeric. Select "Column Attributes". Under the "Type" combobox, select "Numeric". Under the "Format Decimal", set the value to "2". If the leading zeros need to be preserved, set the "Format Name" to "Z". Click on the "Apply" button. Now you can save your data file as a SAS dataset (*.sas7bdat) -- no DATA step required!

Audi http://sas2themax.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Xiao Tang" <glionswiss@GMAIL.COM> To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 2:04 PM Subject: data conversion