Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 11 May 2007 11:13:26 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Bob_Abelson@HGSI.COM
Subject:   Re: OT: Honesty Put to the Test(s)

I heard that "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'." Oh wait, that's NASCAR.

Bob Abelson HGSI 240 314 4400 x1374 bob_abelson@hgsi.com

"Michael Raithel" <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 05/11/2007 08:19 AM Please respond to "Michael Raithel" <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>

To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject OT: Honesty Put to the Test(s)

Dear SAS-L-ers

Having recently re-celebrated my 30th birthday for the n-th time, almost nothing amazes me any more. However, this recent Computerworld article did take me by surprise:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=291151&intsrc=news_list

Being in the middle of interviewing candidates for a prestigious job in my

group, I guess that I will have to scrutinize résumé's a little bit longer and ask candidates a few more hard questions. On the other hand, what are

the odds that somebody in the SAS programming world would be a party to such a thing. Pretty slim, I'll bet!

Best of luck to all of you hiring managers and job seekers; I hope that you get together in the right combinations!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only

and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at

their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com