Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:55:35 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Miller, John" <millerj@WSIPP.WA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Help mining data
Comments: To: "donnelly.ryan.m@gmail.com" <donnelly.ryan.m@GMAIL.COM>

This might give you some ideas:

*-> Select the providers; Data SelectedProviders1; Set HospitalDischarges; Array diag(7) diag1-diag7; Do I = 1 to 7; If diag(i) in('111', '222', '333', '444') then output; End; Keep ProviderNumber; Run;

*-> Create a unique list of providers; Proc sort data= SelectedProviders1 out= SelectedProvidersUnique noDupKey; By ProviderNumber; Run;

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of donnelly.ryan.m@gmail.com Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 11:48 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Help mining data

Hello all...I'm relatively new to SAS and I just found this group. I hope you can help me because i know I'm going to need it in the coming years!

Here's my problem. I have a data set of hospital administrative discharge records. Each hospital has a distinct provider number and there are multiple (thousands) of records per provider. What I'm trying to do it loop through a set of 7 variables to determine if certain codes are present then create a data set that contains the provider number and if that code was found in the original data set.

I hope I've been clear enough so that someone can help.

Ryan