Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:59:21 -0500
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Darlene J Moore <djmoore67@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:   Swallow-tailed Kite 4/8/07 Elabell (Border of Bullock and Bryan County)

Dear GABO

The family and I went to the coast of Georgia for Spring Break and I managed to squeak a bit of birding in on the drive back to Atlanta. Went to the Atlmaha in search of Black bellied Whistling Ducks and came up with instead many Anhingas (west side of 17, trees behind white house), one Black -necked Stilt, one Glossy Ibis and Mottled Duck and many Blue Winged Teal (east side of 17, near platform)

The best treat was driving back on I-16, 1 mile east of exit 137 in Ellabell, which is on the border of Bulloch and Bryan County (DeLorme p.47, G6) I spotted a soaring Swallow-tailed Kite at around 3:30pm. It was soaring with a Turkey Vulture.

The GPS coordinates to the location are as follows: N 32 12 55; W 81 31 16; elevation 60ft.

Good Birding,

Darlene Moore Decatur, GA Dekalb County