Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:00:08 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Wainwright, Andrea" <andrea.wainwright@CAPITALONE.COM>
Subject:      Proc transpose help (SAS/QC preparation)

At least I think I need transpose.

I've got a dataset like the following:

Population _name_ var1 var2 var3 var4... A X 1 2 5 8 A S 2 3 1 1 A N 5 6 7 5 B X 7 2 3 9 B S 9 7 9 3 B N 3 3 2 6 C X 6 9 7 2 C S 1 1 5 9 C N 8 2 8 8

(Yes, I've already done one transpose to get the var1-varN across the top)

And what I want is: Population var1X var1S var1N var2X var2S var2N ... A 1 2 5 2 3 6 B 7 9 3 2 7 3 C 6 1 8 9 1 2

So how do I append the value of _NAME_ to the variable while doing the transpose?

For the QC tie-in, I'm building my HISTORY dataset. X is the mean, S is the standard deviation, and N is the nobs.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary

to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith

is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is

addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,

you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination,

distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance

upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this

communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material

from your computer.