Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:30:38 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to Get Till Date (Rolling Total) in MDX?
Comments: To: amitps@GMAIL.COM

Fix the Subject line it should be accumulative sum not rolling sum. And you want the cummulative sum by some other variable which you havent listed. This is why we ask for sample start data and what you are expecting data and.or report.

Toby Dunn

To sensible men, every day is a day of reckoning. ~John W. Gardner

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that which we are for what we could become. ~Charles DuBois

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter

From: amit <amitps@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: amit <amitps@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: How to Get Till Date (Rolling Total) in MDX? Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:43:30 -0800

How to Get Till Date (Rolling Total) in MDX?

We have MTD & YTD functions which give month to date & year to date values. I want a MDX formula which will calculate value of a member from start till date for each year (Rolling Total). E.g. If we have data for years 2004, 2005, 2006 and we require [New Calculated Measure] as shown below

Year Amount [New Calculated Measure] 2004 100 100 2005 500 600 2006 800 1400

~ aps

_________________________________________________________________ Get in the mood for Valentine's Day. View photos, recipes and more on your Live.com page. http://www.live.com/?addTemplate=ValentinesDay&ocid=T001MSN30A0701