Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 4 Jan 2007 09:43:54 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jack Clark <JClark@CHPDM.UMBC.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Calculating differences between team members
Comments:   To: Tara Wernsing <twernsing@YAHOO.COM>

Tara,

Could you provide some sample data to the list?

The suggested solutions will vary depending on the layout of your data. For example, does a single observation represent the team or an individual person?

Jack Clark Research Analyst Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland, Baltimore County

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tara Wernsing Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 9:09 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Calculating differences between team members

Hi all~ I am trying to calculate a formula where I need the sum of the squared differences between 3 people on a team (I have 24 teams of 3 people) for the same variable.

so for example, for attitude toward a team project, I need to calculate the value of one team member's attitude score subtracted from the second member, and then subtracted from the third member. then square each difference, and sum up all three sq differences.

I can figure out the latter part, but having trouble figuring out how I can hold the first person's value in memory, while getting the second person's value (could use _point ?) and doing the subtraction but then also a needing the third person's value (can I use another _point--can't seem to figure out how in the same do loop)?

any ideas are appreciated! thanks, Tara

Tara Wernsing Doctoral Candidate University of Nebraska-Lincoln Gallup Leadership Institute <http://www.gli.unl.edu/> www.gli.unl.edu -- "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they have gotten lost." ~Cesare di Bonesana Beccaria