Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:27:40 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: how to keep date formatting after exporting
Comments: To: Dave Fickbohm <davefickbohm@YAHOO.COM>

Dave,

You could always use DDE to reformat the column in excel. For example, if the date were in Column A, I believe the correct format call would be something akin to:

Columns("A:A").Select Selection.NumberFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd;@"

Art ----- On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:17:24 -0800, David Fickbohm <davefickbohm@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>People,

I have a sas file. The file contains a rundate. The rundate is formatted YYYY-MM-DD. When I export the file the rundate formatting converts to MM/DD/YYYY. If I look at the file in notepad the rundate is YYYY-MM-DD. So excel is reformatting the rundate.

Does anyone have an idea how to approach this situation ? Should I send this question to an Excel group ?

Your thoughts and ideas will be appreciated.

Dave Fickbohm

Use Technology to the Fullest 1250 45th st suite 200 Emeryville, CA, 94608 510 594 4151 voice