Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:06:18 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: proc report displays only 1st caharacter
Comments: To: aviben@BEZEQINT.NET.IL

AVI ,

Hmmmm cant reproduce your stated output.

Define _all_ doesnt do a heck of alot in fact unless you only have your one var in your data set it should throw some warnings in your log, I would get rid of the define _all_ statement all together.

Also if it is the only var in your data set I would skip the prior data step and use width = 20 in your define statement for that var.

If you could provide some test data and the code tha produce your wierd output it would go a long way in helping us help you.

Toby Dunn

To sensible men, every day is a day of reckoning. ~John W. Gardner

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that which we are for what we could become. ~Charles DuBois

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter

From: avi <aviben@BEZEQINT.NET.IL> Reply-To: avi <aviben@BEZEQINT.NET.IL> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: proc report displays only 1st caharacter Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 02:51:03 -0800

Hello,

I have a data set with one variable "WRE".

When printing to HTML with proc report, the column WRE displays only the first character of the values. Proc print displays correctly.

The code:

data dddYo; attrib wre length=$20.; set dddYouDim;

PROC REPORT data=dddYo nowd headline headskip ; column (wre); define _all_/display center; define wre/display left;

proc print data=dddYo;

Please help understanding what it is going on Avi

_________________________________________________________________ All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail