Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 11:41:38 -0500
Reply-To: Fforde Management <info@FFORDE-MANAGEMENT.COM>
Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: Fforde Management <info@FFORDE-MANAGEMENT.COM>
Subject: CONTRACT SAS PROGRAMMER
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
CONTRACT SAS PROGRAMMER TO START JAN 2007
The Senior Programmer provides statistical software and software
documentation support to biostatistics in general and to specific clinical
projects. They will take responsibility for the planning, development,
validation, documentation and maintenance of generic tools (across project
programs) ensuring that the objectives, standards, deadlines and other
requirements set by Biostatistics management with respect to statistical
software and its documentation and validation are attained. They will also
provide technical support in usage of SAG tools, give advice on SAS
software usage and problem solving and deputise upon request for the
Principle functional responsibilities:
• Provides technical advice and support to biostatisticians.
• Assesses, recommends and develops new standards, policies and
• Assesses, develops and documents new methods and software.
• Keeps abreast of statistical programming methodology and
application and software developments through literature and attendance at
meetings. Maintains familiarity with regulatory authority guidelines
relating to biostatistics, data reporting and medical issues in project
• Maintains proficiency with respect to in-house computer facilities
• Interacts with Data Management and Biostatisticians to ensure good
• Makes presentations at professional forums.
Statistical Software Standards
• Develops and documents statistical programming standards in
accordance with current statistical programming practices and regulatory
• Programs, validates and documents software in SAS following
statistical programming standards and ensures its availability to users.
Whenever creating new software, ensures the efficient use of existing
• Takes responsibility for planning, development, validation,
documentation and maintenance of generic tools.
• Estimates resource requirements for a tool development project.
• Informs and makes recommendations to the Project Programmer on
critical issues within a tool development project.
• Coordinates internationally plans and tasks for a tool development
• Trains users to apply generic tools. Assists users to resolve
individual technical difficulties with the generic tools.
• Ensures that programming activities performed within the project
are executed in a timely manner and to the required high reporting
• Interacts with other members of Biostatistics Team to clarify
programming requirements and to give advice on the availability of standard
programs and the cost/effectiveness of developing new software.
• Assists in the development of trial protocols, trial analyses,
editing procedures and data presentations relating to efficacy and safety
data and evaluability under the direction of the responsible project
• Creates the datasets specification according to the Generic Data
Model in cooperation with clinical programming.
• Provides SAS datasets to the Biostatistics Team in the format
required for special evaluations.
• Programs, validates and documents data tabulations, graphics and
statistical evaluations for efficacy and safety. Ensures that programs
developed for specific projects/protocols are sufficiently portable to
allow application to other projects and protocols.
• Performs analyses of efficacy and safety data, generates
tabulations and graphs and provides them to members of the Biostatistics
• Maintains up-to-date project documentation including that of
presentation, analysis and graphics software.
• Verifies adherence to Biostatistics coding and validation standards
and SOPs within the project.
Who you are:
• BSc, MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in Statistics, Computer Science,
Mathematics or other analytical field.
• Pharmaceutical industry drug development experience using SAS
• Good knowledge of international clinical research and drug
• Confident in the use of Computers; can readily learn new software
• Experience in programming and using statistical software as well as
knowledge of databases and interface systems. Very good knowledge of SAS.
PLEASE CONTACT GLENDA ON 01273 222959 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org