Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:40:38 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nash Smith <nash2sasl@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: A Question on iterating SAS Codes
Comments: To: David Cassell -PNWSUG- <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>

David, I looked over a few of your postings on why we should **not** be considering stepwise selection and I think I understand your reasoning even though I am not an expert in this area -thanks for pointing that out. Also, in an attempt to simplify the question I guess I ended up with providing inadequate information. I have a situation wherein I am asked to build models to predict propensity to visit a store for a national retail chain with 300+ stores. For each of the models, a customer would have had to made a purchase at that store(say Store A) in the past year or another store in the vicinity(say a 5 mile radius)during the same period to qualify for selection for modeling Store A's likely customers. Given the time constraints I think it would be a nightmare trying to build each model individually and decided to post this question to the group to see if one of us have an idea on how to iterate this process.Once again, thanks much for your feedback and the links to past postings on this subject.

Nash