Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:18:20 +0530
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kiran_N <Kiran_N@SATYAM.COM>
Subject:      RE : RE:      Should I stop the metadata and other services
              before expiration              of the SETINIT?
Comments: To: Tristan Jamelot <keybdftj@YAHOO.FR>

Hi Tristan,

I am not very sure what happens when the OS is UNIX?? The info I gave you was for a Windows OS. As I am unaware of UNIX OS, I don't want to give you wrong suggestions, Sorry! :-(.

Thanking you and Best Regards, N K Kiran Sr.Software Engineer Satyam Computer Services, [Business Intelligent Solutions & Analytics] Bangalore. Ph: 28527777 extn:8391

" A rock may change the river's course, but it does not change the river ! "

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Tristan Jamelot Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 12:56 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: RE : RE: Should I stop the metadata and other services before expiration of the SETINIT?

Hi Kiran,

Don't worry: I have received your messages and it really helps me.

I just have forgotten to precise that my platform is running on a Unix (HP Itanium) server.

Do I run for the same risks you exposed below?

Thanks for your help.

Tristan Kiran_N <Kiran_N@satyam.com> a écrit : Hi Tristan, I feel it is better to stop the services (servers) before the setinit expires because; it may update some of the registry files when the setinit expires, and it may create some problems. But the sly way of running these servers until you get a new setinit file is, back date your system date and run (this works only if all your servers are installed on a local machine for which you have administrative privileges). Cheers! N K Kiran Sr.Software Engineer Satyam Computer Services, [Business Intelligent Solutions & Analytics] Bangalore. Ph: 28527777 extn:8391 " A rock may change the river's course, but it does not change the river ! " -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of keybdftj@yahoo.fr Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:30 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Should I stop the metadata and other services before expiration of the SETINIT? Hi, Due to contract reasons, our setinit is going to be renewed after it has been expired. So my question is: is there a risk to let the SAS services run (Metadata server, Object Spawner, Connect Spawner, OLAP server, ...) or should we stop it before the SETINIT has expired (then we launch it as the setinit is renewed)? Thanks for your help. Tristan.

DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated..

--------------------------------- Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.