Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:29:35 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Concatenating character values?
Comments: To: rcy197@YAHOO.COM

In V9 :

NewVar = CatX( ' / ' , Var1 , Var2 , Var3 ) ;

In V8 :

NewVar = Trim(Var1) || ' / ' || Trim(Var2) || '/' || Trim(Var3) ;

Toby Dunn

From: rcy197@YAHOO.COM Reply-To: rcy197@YAHOO.COM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Concatenating character values? Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:51:58 -0700

Hello,

I was wondering if someone knew how to concatenate character values?

I have data that looks like this with mulitple columns:

a b c 4hrs 5 hrs 6 hrs

and I want it to be combined into one column with a delimiter of some sort:

a 4hrs / 5hrs / 6 hrs

Thank You